Top 3 US Real Estate Trends for 2018
Real Estate is always changing and fluctuates for buyers and sellers. Read here to find the top US trends for 2018 and find out how this will benefit you as a buyer or seller.
TREND 1: Homes are selling with less days on the market than last year.
- Lots of potential buyers to choose from, gives you the ability to negotiate on the terms that you want.
- Less days on the market means less hours spent prepping, cleaning and making ready to show, essentially less stress involved in the overall process.
- The competition is greater so you must be prepared to be on your game to win the home your looking for.
- Tips to prioritize your dream home.
- Prepare Finances– Find a lender and get pre-approved
- Now What You Want– Whether you’re making the purchase alone or with your significant other, you need to compile a list of must-haves to provide to your realtor to narrow down your search.
- Send a Personalized Letter– Sending a personalized letter with your offer explaining what you love about the home and how you envision using the space can often times make a positive impression to the seller.
- Hire a Professional– If you are not someone who works in the business day to day, not doing this could be a costly mistake. An experienced realtor is there to negotiate on your behalf and manage detailed paperwork.
TREND 2: Home prices have risen and are higher than last year.
Profits will be high and offer a nice chunk to save or reinvest.
- Discover how much you are able to afford comfortable with the use of a mortgage calculator. One is available on the home page of my site.
- Don’t Rush and commit to staying within your budget. If the numbers don’t work for you it will end up causing added stress and frustration than you need.
- Narrow down your search to the must-haves.
- Broaden your search, if the need for the home is there but the location is whats making that unattainable be open to other areas.
TREND 3: CA holds the hottest market.
Here’s a list of the top 10 US markets
- San Francisco, CA
- Midland, TX
- Vallejo, CA
- San Jose, CA
- Sacremento, CA
- Denver, CO
- Santa Rosa, CA
- Colorado Springs, CO
- San Diego, CA
- Stockton, CA